Branding can be a great tactic and useful tool for your business. Branding is about creating a conscious image and awareness of your business. One that identifies and promises value. It has become less of an advantage and more of a requirement for a successful business. When creating a brand it’s important to have the following:
- Brand colors
- Fonts and typography
However, not many are aware of the mistakes that are often made when branding. Follow along for the top tips to avoid.
- Misunderstanding what constitutes a “brand” – Branding is more than just a tagline and logo. Your business identity includes an image, voice and specific style that all create the vision of your business. That is important to maintain.
- Not maintaining your brand – Businesses can be quick to change or alter their identity. However, it’s vital to remain true to your brand as changing can create confusion to your customers. Branding is a foundation to businesses.
- Jargon – Basically, business companies are all guilty of this to try and add value. Instead, keep it simple and to the point where your message is clean and understood by your customers.
- Not knowing your business – Every successful brand has a focus. If your business has great customer service and strive on it, make that your focus and run with it. If your delivery service isn’t the fastest at overnight delivery, don’t brand that you are. Instead, know your strengths and weaknesses and create an image that brings honesty and strength to both. Knowing where your company is competing can verbalize the differences and needs that customer want.
- Inconsistency – Consistency is everything when it comes to branding. Not only will it create familiarity to your customers and audience, but it also creates loyalty. Always be consistent.