For many readers, summer signals the commencement of a time to kickback and enjoy a nice easy “beach read.” While others see it as a time to catch up on more serious reading that can help inspire even the most experienced marketers. Here is a quick look at some of 2015’s best reads for marketers both books and blogs as shared by LinkedIn and Inc. Online.
- Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers by Seth Godin
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly by David Meerman Scott
- Global Content Marketing: How to Create Great Content, Reach More Customers, and Build a Worldwide Marketing Strategy that Works by Pam Didner
- The Big Data-Driven Business: How to Use Big Data to Win Customers, Beat Competitors, and Boost Profits by Sean Callahan
Blogs Marketers should be reading
- Hubspot Inbound Hub – This should be a standard in the B2B marketer’s blog reader. If you’re not already subscribed, you might be missing out on great resources for marketers,
- Econsultancy – offers a lot of great content through their blog, but they also share updates to their resource library — which is where the real goods are. Regularly released reports, white papers, and webinars can provide a learning B2B marketer with all of the insight they need to do their job better.
- Sproutinsights – If social media is part of your daily list of responsibilities as a B2B marketer, you should definitely add SproutInsights to your list of subscriptions.
- Unbounce – If you’re looking for some landing page-specific tips and best practices, look no further than the Unbounce blog.