Everyone loves to get a great deal on a product or service. You know what I like even better? I love finding a great deal easily. Digital Coupons provide both – great deals and ease of use! Is your business using digital coupons? They should be.
Let’s look at the numbers. . .
- Research conducted in October 2013 by eMarketer indicates that more than half of US adult internet users (102.5 million people) will redeem a digital coupon, for either online or offline shopping this year. That number is up 11% over last year!
- Digital coupons are a great way to engage the new user because you can provide a direct link to your products or services via the coupon. Digital coupons can translate into more people finding your website and opting to register for your online coupons and email offers! The number of people who redeem digital coupons is only expected to grow as consumers ditch their paper coupons for the convenience of digital.
- This year, more than 28% of people who own a mobile device have redeemed a coupon and according to eMarketer, it is expected that one-third of all smartphone users ages 18 and up (42.1 million people) will use a coupon acquired on a mobile device –via an app, mobile internet, mobile barcode or SMS.
Getting Started offering digital coupons.
- There are numerous places to advertise deals online including the #1 online coupon site Retail Me Not. This easy-to-use site claims the hottest deals, best coupons, and exclusive offers that are available online or emailed directly to members. They even have an app for smart phones that can alert customers when they are near a good deal!
- Google also has an online wallet program that stores your credit and debit cards, offers, loyalty cards, coupons and more. This program aptly named Google Wallet is only one of the ways that Google is promoting online coupons. Google’s newest way to attract more customers to your business is Google Offers. Google Offers has created a new way for you to reach potential customers near your business. Using their mobile device, these customers can find your offer and visit your business right away.
- The best digital coupon applications out there are Apple’s Passbook® (available on iOS operating system iOS 6 and up) and Android’s version of the same app called PassWallet. These apps come standard on all smartphones running on these operating systems.