Your Marketing Team has set up accounts for your small business on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. But now that you are there, you realize how hard it really is to maintain a presence that is both meaningful and drives home your brand awareness. Here are our top tips and suggestions of ways to keep your name in the forefront on social media without making the hard sell.
- Get organized – Create an editorial calendar that tracks the posts and updates that you make on each platform. This way your business does not get overly repetitive or miss weekly updates. A calendar will be a visual reference of topics and pictures that are posted as well as a calendar that tracks the days and times of such posts.
- Be “Real” – A designated social media person in your company will help create a personable voice that is both professional and knowledgeable but also “human-like”. The tone of posts whether it is helpful, humorous or tutorial can remind readers that you are not just a business but an amiable business person behind the brand name.
- Post regularly – Post regularly so that readers know that you are dynamic and active in the social world. This will not only legitimatize your company and give followers something to look forward to if you post on the same day and at the same time weekly or monthly.
- Give them what they want – Followers who are also in your industry will keep track of your page and business if you are giving them relevant information that they can learn from or take with them to help in their business. This adds value to your business and makes you an industry leader. Stay on message and be a fountain of information for them and others who follow your industry.
- Schedule it out – Many social media platforms allow administrators to schedule out their posts so that it is not a time waster at work on a daily basis. If you can schedule out a week or two in advance so that you can be sure that your posts are staying current and being posted on a regular basis.