With marketing budgets stretched further each year to accommodate the growing number of marketing platforms, your business may be looking for a method to reach your targeted audience all while promoting your brand and showing off your professional expertise. Online advertising, SEO marketing, social networking, and print design are just a few of the marketing strategies that your company may be utilizing. But have you considered webinars? Webinars just might be a low cost option that can be very advantageous to your growing business. Let’s take a look at what a webinar is and how it may benefit your company.
What is a webinar?
A webinar (A webcast or web seminar) is an online event that is hosted by an organization/company and broadcast to a select group of individuals through their computers via the Internet. A webinar, is a way for businesses to project a message to a large or small audience, without asking guests to spend time and money traveling to a physical location. Webinars can be used in a variety of different ways. From hosting online conferences, seminars and lectures to sales and marketing presentations, businesses in every industry can benefit from this dynamic way of communication.
- Building Relationships – One of the best ways to spread word about your product or services is by building relationships with current consumers who will spread the word for you. By interacting with your audience during a webinar, your credibility and connection builds faster and deeper than through text or online content.
- Showcase an expertise – When you engage in a webinar on a topic that you are extremely well-versed and knowledgeable, you are able to prove that you are an industry leader. Webinars allow a business to build-up their image as experts in their field and show they are the “go-to” guys for industry related issues.
- Capture sales leads –Hosting an online webinar is a great opportunity for marketing or sales teams to gather leads. During sign-up, businesses can make it a requirement for attendees to register. The information gathered from the registration can then be turned over to the sales team as warm leads to follow-up on.
- Promote a product – Webinars are the perfect platform to sell and promote products such as books and videos. During the webinar, the speaker can reference clips from a video or pages from a book they are trying to promote. At the end of the seminar the audience can be directed to a purchase page or be given more information on how they can obtain the product.
- Affordability – Besides the fact that there are no travel costs involved with attending a Webinar, the price of attending a webinar is typically much lower than other training options. Additionally, multiple participants can train together by viewing the webinar at a single location and therefore pay for only one connection.