Marketing has come a long way since the days of jingles, slogans and pitches like we see in the hit series “Mad Men.” Today marketing experts have to think beyond television, radio and print media. Instead Social Media management, content management, website optimization and SEO are the norm for marketing teams. Online and mobile marketing has seen the largest evolution in the marketing world. Here are some apps to help you get organized, manage social media, digital reference and filing sharing all from the convenience of your smartphone.
- Hootsuite – allows you to manage multiple social media accounts, analyze traffic, track brand mentions, schedule posts, messages and tweets– all from one interface.
- Buffer – An app that helps you share content to social media channels by letting you schedule posts to be published at ideal times.
- Mention – This app keeps track of what is being said about your company and brand online. It will send you alerts showing your mentions each day. This social listing app allows businesses to hear what is being said about them (both positive and negative) and the ability to react quickly.
- DropBox – Dropbox is a fantastic tool for collaboration and file sharing. Uploading files and share them with others on your team – even on the go. The best part about Dropbox is that you can keep files that are too large to send via email, and immediately give access to other members of your team.
- Quora is a great platform for marketers looking for information from reliable sources. Users can ask a question and get real answers from people in the know as well as the option to post blogs. The app invites users to aid each other by contributing and sharing their own knowledge.
- Browserbite (www.browserbite.com): Test a website in 15 different browsers with one click.
- Webpage Test (www.webpagetest.org): Check your website load time.
- WordPress is the most popular blogging tool for personal and business use. With its easy to use apps, you can update your blog via smartphone or tablet, upload and edit posts as well as manage user comments on the move. WordPress can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.